Terms and Conditions: Pre-drywall Blower Door Tests
The City of Richmond will pay full cost for up to 63 pre-drywall blower door tests, performed by the pre-approved service providers listed on this webpage.
The pre-drywall blower door test can be provided on the following building types:
- Detached house (with or within secondary unit)
- Duplex OR duplex unit
- Row house unit
The timing of these tests are to be arranged between the qualifying builders and the service providers.
Builders who receive a pre-drywall blower door test and additional services as defined above will not be levied any additional fees for these services.
The City defines eligibility for this program as follows:
- Qualifying builders are listed as the applicant, owner and/or lead contractor, on an issued Building Permit for a new Part 9 residential building under construction in Richmond.
- The building permit must not be subject to Energy Step Code requirements implemented by the City, at least one building under construction covered by this permit must have an approved Survey result from the Building Department.
- At least one building under construction covered by this permit must have not yet have received permission to drywall.
The City shall use the following method to implement this program:
- Apply below to qualify for the City of Richmond’s Pre-dyrwall Blower Door Test program.
- Once your pre-qualification is confirmed, you will be provided with a coupon number. This coupon number can be redeemed with a qualified Service Provider for one blower door test.
- You are responsible for contacting a qualified Service Provider to provide the blower door test.
- Upon reaching an agreement with a qualified Service Provider, you will provide the coupon number to the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider will confirm the validity of the coupon number with City staff. This coupon number can no longer be used by another service provider or on another building.
- Once the pre-drywall blower door test has been delivered by the Service Provider, the Service provider will provide both you and the City with a short report. Upon receipt of a report acceptable to the City, the builder can request an additional coupon from the City for a Blower door test. No company can receive more than three coupons, and no single development can receive more than three pre-drywall blower door tests.
- If the pre-drywall blower door test does not occur, or the Service Provider does not fulfill the requirements of the test as defined above, the builder is responsible to communicate this to the Service Provider, and arrange a re-test. If the situation is not resolved by this step, the builder is responsible to contact the City with their concerns as soon as possible.
- Holding a valid coupon does not guarantee that the pre-drywall blower door test will be covered by the program. While the City will endeavour to control the number of coupons distributed, more than 63 coupons may be distributed under this program, while no more than 63 pre-drywall blower door tests can be funded.
- The City reserves the right to cancel coupons that have already been issued.
Pre-Qualified Energy Advisors
Mohammad Fakoor, PhD, CEA, EIT
Energy Efficiency Engineer
BC Building Science
Office: 604-520-6456 ext.116
611 Bent Court, New Westminister
BC Canada V3M 1V3
8070 Hudson Street
Energy Advisor, CHI
Capital Home Energy Inc.
Energy Advisor, Passive House Consultant
Domus Home Energy Inc.
101 – 1556 East 5th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5N 1L7