Terms and Conditions: Airtightness Techniques Course
The City of Richmond will pay full cost for up to 55 qualified builders to attend the one-day Airtightness Techniques Course offered by Small Planet Supply.
These courses are generally held from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays, one to two times per month. See Small Planet Supply for more information on the timing of courses.
Builders whose registration fee is being paid for by the City of Richmond will not be levied any additional fees for this one-day course.
The City defines builders eligible for this training as follows: the builder is a lead contractor, or an insulation installer or a sheathing sub-contractor, associated with the construction of a Part 9 residential building in Richmond since January 1, 2015.
The City shall use the following method to implement this program:
- Apply below to qualify for the City of Richmond’s Airtightness Techniques Course.
- Once your pre-qualification is confirmed, you will be placed on a list of builders qualified for paid registration fees. This webpage will be periodically updated with the number of builders qualified for this program.
- The City of Richmond will send an email to the address provided in your application when registration for specific Airtightness Techniques Course sessions become available. 10 spots shall be reserved for qualifying builders for each session. A waitlist of 5 spots will also be collected for each session.
- Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for a session. Registrations will be taken first come, first serve.
- Builders who have been registered or waitlisted for a session will be asked to confirm their attendance / availability 5 days before the session.
Please note the following:
- Builders who have been registered for a session but cancel their registration more than 5 days before the session will be able to register for a different session
- Builders who have been registered for a session, but who do not attend, or do not cancel in time, will not be eligible to attend a different session.